patriarch

otforme (Charlie Self) wrote in
:

As we age, we start to lose those we know. Pat Spielman died October
27; I just heard that Danny Proulx died of an apparent heart attack at
the Ottawa woodworking show. A good friend of mine has cancer of the
kidney, though he has a fighting chance.

We need to appreciate people more, because as time passes, there are
fewer to appreciate, at least within our own age ranges.

Charlie Self

I'm losing friends and family at a seemingly faster rate than ever before,
that's a fact. However, for a wide range of reasons, I seem to have more,
and better friends than was ever the case in past years. The kids are
growing to be adults. Their friends are adults, too. The conversations
are more meaningful, their worries and joys seem less frivolous, their
successes and challenges more important.

If, or when, we are forced into seclusion, or lonliness, then those are the
dark days...

Ecclesiastes was right.

Patriarch