Norman D. Crow

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Ed Pawloski comments:

think as we get older (59 for me) we feel the same way you mention. I
have relatives that seem to have not changed at all since I was a kid;

they
were always old! You look at things differently as you get older, you
appreciate life more than "things" you appreciate people more, and you

learn
the difference between being smart and having widsom.

I'd like to be 59 again, but, on balance, 32 is preferable.

As we age, we start to lose those we know. Pat Spielman died October 27; I

just
heard that Danny Proulx died of an apparent heart attack at the Ottawa
woodworking show. A good friend of mine has cancer of the kidney, though

he has
a fighting chance.

We need to appreciate people more, because as time passes, there are fewer

appreciate, at least within our own age ranges.

(1) SWMBO once told her Grandfather, who at 80 was getting pretty frail,
what a marvelous thing it was to live to such an age. His response was that
"No, it isn't. All my friends are gone."

(2) Did anyone happen to catch the JAG show a couple years back when Ernest
Borgnine and a couple other guys played old retired SEAL's making war on a
drug dealer who had gotten his grandson hooked & then died from OD? At the
end of the show he told Rabb "Up here in your head, you're still 20, it's
just that some things move a little slower"(or similar).

I think that can be said of many of us.

--
Nahmie