Chuck

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 21:59:59 +0000 (UTC), (David
Efflandt) wrote:

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 03:45:19 GMT, Chuck wrote:
Anyone have experience with the new type concrete mix you pour in post
hole dry, then add water? Results? I have one post to reset which
the walk through gate attaches to. Not having to premix would be nice
if it works. No need for mixing container
Thanks
Chuck

I did that for our mailbox post at work. Nothing special about the
concrete. I just dumped it in the hole, added water, and mixed it in the
hole. If for some reason you do not add enough water, rainwater will
harden it.

Note that a hole for a fencepost should go below the frostline if you want
fenceposts to remain vertical (instead of pitched every which way from
frost heaving).

From the looks of the foundation on my 90+ year old home, they just dug a
trench, poured concrete in the trench, dug out the basement and built up
from there with cement block. Not sure if they mixed the concrete in the
trench. But bottom half of basement wall (below grade) is rough and
irregular.

Thanks guys.. I guess I've been doing it the hard way all along
(well, what few times I needed to use concrete)
I'll be planting it back to the depth it was (about 2 foot)
Around here the frost line is probably 5 inches or less.. . thank
goodness... don't like the cold
Chuck