indago

041127 2232 - RBM posted:

I suggest you email the manufacturer. There are no blades in a disposal,
only metal tabs that slam the food against the rough surface of the device,
causing the food to be broken down . Hair is soft and pliable, so it may not
have any effect on it
"David Combs" wrote in message
Just checking:

If a woman, say, washes her hair in the kitchen sink,
I'd assume that whatever hair (falls out and) goes down the drain
*does* get chopped-up by the disposall.

(and thus have less chance of fouling the exit pipe, etc.)

But I ask just in case I'm totally wrong, that, say, hair
is so thin that it just slips past the blades, whole, and
clogs pipes just as it would in a shower that had no special
hair-catching thing over the drain.

Hair will also probably wind itself around the exposed part of the disposal
blade and eventually stop the tabs from working. It would be best to use a
strainer in the sink to catch as much of the hair as possible and then clean
it out of the strainer after washing.