Charlie Self

Ed Pawloski comments:

think as we get older (59 for me) we feel the same way you mention. I
have relatives that seem to have not changed at all since I was a kid; they
were always old! You look at things differently as you get older, you
appreciate life more than "things" you appreciate people more, and you learn
the difference between being smart and having widsom.

I'd like to be 59 again, but, on balance, 32 is preferable.

As we age, we start to lose those we know. Pat Spielman died October 27; I just
heard that Danny Proulx died of an apparent heart attack at the Ottawa
woodworking show. A good friend of mine has cancer of the kidney, though he has
a fighting chance.

We need to appreciate people more, because as time passes, there are fewer to
appreciate, at least within our own age ranges.

Charlie Self
"Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity
has made them good." H. L. Mencken