Nigel Burnett

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:06:54 GMT, "John Moorhead" wrote:

Nigel -

I've had the 4412 for about two years and other than the fact that it's a
BIG saw, and not really portable, I would buy it again in a heartbeat - mine
is bolted to a bench... While the saw hasn't seen the rigors of traditional
commercial use, I have no doubts that it would hold up just fine. The
attention to detail throughout and the fit and finish are first rate. It
was made in Taiwan... So was my Bosch router and belt sander and I use the
HELL out of both of those... nary a problem in 4+ years. If I wasn't happy
with my prior experience with Bosch, I wouldn't have dropped the large $ on
the 4412. If portability is an issue for you, you might want to think about
something smaller. If it's for a workshop, jump on it!

John et al.,

It's to replace an ancient Sears (Emerson) RAS that's not very good.
Apart from using the Bosch to cut a lot of red oak trim at weird angles, I am
hoping to use it to cut accurate dados in plywood when I make bookshelves.
All I want is a dead straight 3/8" deep 3/4" wide slot in a 8-12" wide board.

Now that we've had a great discussion of Grizzly etc, how about some opinions
on using a SCMS for this purpose? It looks like the Bosch can't take a dado
blade (from what I read in the manual. Is this true in general? Back to the table saw?

Thanks for everyone's opinions on the Taiwan issue.

Ngel