Terry

"MM" wrote in message
How much does one tip removal men?

MM

??????
Once you get them to about a 15 to 20 degree angle they will go over the
rest of the way by themselves! Depends a bit on build and stability.

Sorry about the levity; but when we go to the dump (tip) we haul the stuff
in one of our two pickups; friends use a trailer or the trunk (boot) of the
car. We dump it ourselves the dump staff are attendants and see to safety,
where to dump etc. Sometimes a dusty, muddy smelly job; best to wear work
boots and old clothes.
Dump (tip) is open weekdays until 5.00 PM and Saturdays until midday. So
best plan is to load up on Friday night and make an early trip Saturday. For
occasional dumping there is no charge for individual residents. For 'Garbage
collectors' who work daily it is necessary to buy a 'Dumping permit' which I
don't think is too expensive, maybe $35 (roughly 12 to 15 quid). After all
if you make dumping too complicated or expensive it defeats the objective of
encouraging the public to clean up and not litter the countryside! If one
doesn't own a pickup or a car utility trailer it's usually quite easy to get
a relative or a friend with a pickup truck to haul occasional load of litter
away for the price of a friendly beer or two or an invite to supper etc.