NSM

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
| "Rambling Man" writes:
|
| Hey, it wasn't "my" idea! I said I wasn't up on VCRs. I just asked the
| question as posed to me to ask! With all the stuff I see in this
newsgroup,
| hell I thought maybe someone would have thought of such a thing. Oh
well, I
| suppose that idea was far fetched too!
|
| It's an absolutely appropriate question. Ignore the responses that
suggest
| this is the most stupid ever asked.
|
| Sure, it's easy to go and buy an LCD TV. It could be much more rewarding
| to put one together from parts, even if it does end up looking like
something
| held together with duct tape and bailing wire.

I've built more than my share of one-offs, prototypes etc. You have to know
what's really reasonable. You'd wind up with so much 'guts' from a TV or VCR
that it isn't worth hand building. At most I would try to add video and
audio outputs from a 12 V TV rather than try to scratch build.

"A man's gotta know his limitations" - Dirty Harry.