Franc Zabkar

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 01:00:29 GMT, "James Sweet"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

The vast majority of "AC" adapters output DC, the name simply means that it
adapts the 120v (or 240v) AC line to whatever the end device requires, this
can be AC or DC but it's still an "AC adapter" either way. You really need
to know for sure what voltage and polarity the device requires to choose the
correct adapter, I still suspect in this case that 20mA is not correct,
could there be a zero or two missing? Perhaps it has a typo?

The adapter's 230V/1VA rating is consistent with a 20mA/12V output,
but not with 200mA.

- Franc Zabkar