Bob G.

At this point I am leaning towards the mortiser unless I hear some great
reason to have a drill press instead. Thank you all for your help!

Then go for it! You can always get a DP later. You can live without it,
but once you have it, you don't ever want to see it go away.
Ed

Ed makes a good point..

But his last sentence in my opinion says it all... . I could NOT even
begin to think how I could live without at least one drill press in
the shop..

I have survived 40+ years in this hobby without a morticer....
and have no real desire (read need) to buy one...but if one of my 3
drill presses went tits up this morning it would be replaced in a
matter of days.... I can not live without one...

Bob Griffiths