Rob Graham

Default Paint stripping advice?

"al" wrote in message ...
Been using paint stripper today to remove some ancient paint from my garage
frame. Not a pleasant experience - damn messy stuff and it burns if you
don't notice it drop on your skin!!

So ... I'm now looking for an electric stripper ) .. and yes, we're
still talking about paint!

Dropped into HomeBase on the way home and they only had a single brand
there. Can't remember what it was but I'd never heard of it. It cost £15
and was 1500W. Didn't buy it as it looked a bit crap!

My question is what you get for money - should I pay more for a better one
elsewhere? Is it just a case of any old one will do? If quality matter,
any advice on what to get? I don't want to spend too much as I won't be
doing a huge amount with it. Just occasional refresh work.

If its 'ancient paint' won't it be lead based and therefore unwise to
be taken off with heat ? Stick to stripper and a tough pair of
gloves.

Rob