Sam Goldwasser

"Kim" writes:

Wow...what a brilliant idea!!....so whatcha gonna call it ...a magic picture
machine?....or maybe a phantasmagorical moving picture projector???....or if
all else fails....maybe even a TV!!!.
So lets get this straight...you want to know how to build a lcd tv, using a
vcr as the tuner!!!!!!????????.
Ok, first spend a couple of months, and a couple of thousand $'s...or walk
down to wal-mart and buy one.
Kim

For many people, walking down to Wal-Mart would be the obvious solution.
To those who strive for technical knowledge and a challenge, building a TV
out of salvaged parts is irresistible.

The answer to the original question is that it might be possible depending
on what the input signal format is for the LCD panel and how much effort
one is willing to put into the project.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

"Rambling Man" wrote in message
. verio.net...
I'm not that involved - really not even enough to say using one - with

VCRs.
A friend of mine asked me about a project he has in mind. He has a LCD
"display". He wants to know if he could take the Tuner out of a VCR, hook

up
the necessary voltages and cables for the Antenna in/out, as well as
video/audio - to the LCD display, to make it work like a TV? If not, any
alternatives?

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

RM