RonB

I'm with you all the way on that point. What I got from your original
post was that Grizzly was protecting American jobs more than the
others. Did I misunderstand?

NO! What I meant (and was not well said) was compared to some of the
imports, Grizzly is offereing some employment and a good level of support
for customers.

Compare Grizzly to some others, HF for one, but more notably imported tools
that are often sold in auto supply stores, discount tool outlets, truck
sales, etc. (under brands such as '"X" Machinery', with "X" being the name
of some city). With these X products the route from shipping container to
the customers garage is pretty short and there is little added value or
support. Griz has set up an engineering, distribution and support system
that provides additional value, quality and at least some employment at
three locations in this country. Grizzly is not a Delta, Powermatic or JET
at least not yet.

It appears to me that companies like Grizzly are going to meet the Jet's,
Powermatics and Delta at a middle ground some day. Griz is an obvious
import and the others are gaining off-shore content or are outright imports
under domestic names. I don't really like this situation but I think it is
something we will learn to live with.