Jim

Default Problem with HF horizontal bandsaw

(Jim) wrote in message . com...
Our 4x6 Harbor Freight horizontal bandsaw isn't cutting straight. The
blade consistently wanders toward the vise when cutting on the
downstroke, so that when a cut of 2" stock is complete there 1/16"
clearance between the blade and stock at the bottom of the cut, but no
clearance at the top of the cut.

I've tightened the blade and adjusted the clearance between each set
of guide bearing so the blade can't move or twist side-to-side, all to
no avail. I'm using a Starrett bi-metal blade.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I assume what's causing
this is that the blade isn't exactly perpendicular to the table,
making it follow a slightly "off" path. But I can't see any way to
adjust this. Am I missing something? TIA.

-Jim

Thanks for everyone's advice. FWIW, I ended up solving this problem
by simply inserting a shim under one side of the leading guide bearing
bracket on the swinging frame. This twisted the blade to make it
perpendicular to the table, creating a straighter cut. Just thought
I'd mention it since I hadn't seen it suggested elsewhere.

-Jim