Kim

My sarcastic response was based on the fact that it sounded like you had a
raw LCD screen, with no driving electronics attached, and were attempting to
reinvent the wheel.....or at least the TV.
Clarity in questions my son, is what you seek!.
Seriously, I was at the Home Depot (!!??!!) yesterday and saw the cheapest
LCD combo 20 inch TV/Computer Monitor yet.
It was around the $280.00 mark.
Yikes....Consumer electronics at Home Depot.....next thing you know Girl
Guides will be selling Skil Saws
Kim

"Rambling Man" wrote in message
. verio.net...
Sorry, my error. It is late and I was not thinking correctly. I should

have
included that one last part. I've seen the posts you refer to. Probably

why
they thought it was possible. Not being to familiar with the "computer" TV
tuners, "I" had even suggested trying that, but they said no way to

control
channel change. I think the 5" tv would be a lot easier and cheaper - as

one
other mentioned. UNLESS of course one of the VCRs he has available has the
required outputs OR such a tuner can be bought reasonably - to equal the
cost of a 5" tv or such.

Thanks

RM

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"Rambling Man" wrote in message
rio.net...
FWIW, I suggested something on those lines. They already have the LCD

screen
hooked up to a DVD player or whatever and a camera. They thought they

could
just do the "TV" thing by adding a tuner. I suppose I should have

mentioned
that before. And, this is all "mobile". I guess size was an issue also,
along with the previous sentence of using what is already available.

RM

You didn't mention that before, a lot of people ask if they can use a
laptop
LCD panel for something and the answer is generally no. If the LCD

already
works on a DVD player then yes you can hook it up to a tuner, some

tuners
even output composite video directly.