Eric

Dave Harnish wrote:

Hi Eric,

If it's older than just a few years, you determine this from
the model number's 1st and 3rd digits following the decimal
point. Example: 106.8619222 is a Whirlpool-mfg'd 1981
model. The 3 digits before the decimal tell us who actually
manufactured the refrig (Sears doesn't make any themselves).
The Kenmore refrig prefixes that come to mind a

Well, if i assume the number i got didnt have the leading stuff before the
decimal point, and i use your 1st and 3rd method that would make it a 1992
model. sounds close to me based on what i know about it.
I'm going to look further for a tag of some sort when the wife isnt around
as she doesnt like me pulling it out from its little alcove.
Thanks
Eric