Happy Segfault

Thanks to all who replied! About the rear seal---I've seen
some pictures on the web of a similar unit which had that seal
fail and cause the bearing to corrode. Not a pretty sight!
Knock on wood, I'm pretty sure I'm only getting water leaking
out of the other seal between the two tub halves. The rear area
stays nice and dry while the water spritzes out of the problem
seal.

Other than the leak, the washer runs great---very smooth and
quiet. We've been using regular liquid detergent in it, but
only about 3/8" in the cup each load. Looking in the window,
I don't see any evidence of over-sudsing, and clothes come out
clean. A bottle of detergent sure goes a long way, too!

I'd have started working on it this afternoon, but my 8.5 year
old Lift-Master Professional garage door opener had turned a
plastic gear into powder. Just finished installing a new Genie
screw-drive unit.

John