James Sweet

"Vic" wrote in message
om...
This player doesn't have any AC power cord? It's totally powered by the
adaptor?

Neil

Neil
Yes I know its totally powered by the adapter. I assumed it was an AC
adapter as it converts an AC current to a DC current to power the
deck. What kind of adapter is it in that case? Would using an adapter
that cuts the voltage down to 12v be ok? If so I have one already
which is a regulated AC/DC adapter. Other information is:
Input 220-240v AC 50Hz
Output: 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9, 12v
DC 300mA

Vic

The vast majority of "AC" adapters output DC, the name simply means that it
adapts the 120v (or 240v) AC line to whatever the end device requires, this
can be AC or DC but it's still an "AC adapter" either way. You really need
to know for sure what voltage and polarity the device requires to choose the
correct adapter, I still suspect in this case that 20mA is not correct,
could there be a zero or two missing? Perhaps it has a typo?