Alistair Riddell

Default Moving BT master socket, is this frowned upon?

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, N. Thornton wrote:

The master socket contains a sense resistor, and the lines are
automatically monitored. If you remove the master socket a fault
condition will therefore be detected.

Only when they run the nightly diagnostic routines on the exchange.

In any case, I have had lines with no master socket or terminating
apparatus connected for several years without BT saying anything. I'm sure
they were glad that some fool was paying the line rental charge for a line
that went no further than the DP in the basement.

--
Alistair Riddell - BOFH
Microsoft - because god hates us