Adrian Brentnall

HI Chris

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:36:12 -0000, Chris Wilson
wrote:

Got a 12 year old built in the kitchen units fridge, just a plain
fridge, not a fridge freezer. Recently it seems as if it's just not
getting cold enough inside. Milk is going off, cold drinks aren't
*REALLY* cold, just slightly cooler than room temp. The inside is a one
piece plastic moulding, the rear of which quickly acquires a thin
coating of ice. So something is cooling the interior, and it *LOOKS*
like the fridge should keep things cold. the door is shutting properly,
the seal is in good order. I am quite puzzled how there is ice forming,
yet the general inside temp seems high. I have a remote sensor outside
temperature reader, I'll try putting that inside and get a proper
reading, but in the meantime has anyone any ideas?

Had a similar problem with our fridge earlier this year (was only
about 5 years old) - turned out that the thermostat had failed in a
peculiar fashion.

Found a chap on Ebay (down in Cornwall) who was selling 'universal'
replacement fridge stats - think it cost just over £10 - and was ever
so easy to fit......

I'll look out his details if you're interested (turns out I was at
primary school with him & his brother some time in the last century
g) - I quoted him the model & make & he was able to specify the
right unit.

Hope this helps
Adrian
Suffolk UK