Andy Hall

Default I LOVE Speedfit!

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 04:38:28 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"froggers" wrote in message

No so. two separate companies and systems.

The Hepworth engineer went to Marley and evolved Equator.....

Maybe, but still two separate systems and companies. He obviously designed
out the bulkiness of Hep2o, as Equator is much smaller and neater.

Is that its only claim to fame?

I quite like the features that Speedfit has of the option of a pipe
insert with an extra O-ring seal and the twist-lock ring. The pipe
insert is also said to enable the joint to be stabilised against any
sideways forces which might happen if the pipe is being fed through an
awkward place. The twist lock is in addition to the normal metal
mechanical securing method. It appears that Equator, from the data
sheets at least, is similar technology to Hep2o.

As far as appearance is concerned, Speedfit strikes me as a bit less
lumpy in appearance than Hep2o. However, none of the plastic
solutions would win £10 in the Monopoly beauty contest, would they?

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl