Bosch 3912 12" CMS
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/boschgcm12.htm

I have this bosch saw. I've been very disappointed by it. the
machining is off, so it has inaccuracies built into it that cannot be
adjusted out. if I set itto miter accurately at 90 degrees it's about
2 degrees out at 45. if I set it to chop straight through at 90/90
the detent that holds the swing arm down down for storage and
transport doesn't line up with it's hole. the plastic miter lock knob
fell apart. the table drifts when you try to lock it at an angle
outside of a detent.

this saw is a bit of a dog.

You must have bought a dud. Mine has no such problems and works great, and
is accurate. Maybe I was lucky, or you were unlucky?

something like that.
this saw is one that hit the market right after the skil/bosch merger,
and it's from the skil product line. the identical saw was released
with the skil label on it.