Larry Jaques

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 03:27:42 +0000, Andy Dingley
calmly ranted:

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:34:37 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

pick up one of the King Arthur Tools Lancelot disc.
It's a 4-1/2" diameter chainsaw. (Ar ar ar)

NFW !!!

Wuss! g

Ditto the Arbortec discs and Kutzall carbide discs.

Haven't used a Kutzall. The Arbortech is _much_ safer to handle than a
Lancelot - my favoured power tool for hollowing seat bases, and life's
too short and tiresome already to carve an arse-rest in an elm seat
base using a scorp and curved drawknife.

One could lose 2 pounds (weight, not Brit money) doing so, though.
It's both good exercise physically and a good hand/eye coordination
test.

The chainsaws disks have a vicious tendency to kick back. The
Arbortech has different shaped teeth and doesn't do this. It's still
terrifying, but only in a good way.

Chainsaw teeth have anti-kickback rails shaped very much like the
Arbortec discs. If Arbortec's products weren't double that price,
I'd have one already. Both are equally dangerous, much like every
other tool we own. This is a dangerous hobby.

PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience
www.diversify.com - Web Database Development