Charlie Self

Nigel Burnett asks:

According to Bosch
http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tool...31&I=55110&T=1.
the 4412 is made in Taiwan. I was just about to spend a serious chunk of
money on one when I noticed
the CoE while checking on the weight. I'd presumed it was Swiss - and only a
one year warranty. Is the
one year standard for tools these days? And do I care where it's made if it
says Bosch on the label?

I don't know if you care or not. I don't. Until you mentioned it, I had no idea
where my 4412 was made. I've had the 4412 for 5-6 months now, use it weekly (at
least), and am more than satisfied with it.

I've heard hints that a laser version is on the way (and I'm curious as to how
Bosch will implement this, though I'm not drooling over laser indicators on
most tools...the Delta and Porter-Cable dual line versions are great, but the
rest are mediocre), but otherwise, it does everything that any other top end
12" SCMS will do, and does it all easily.

Charlie Self
"Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity
has made them good." H. L. Mencken