Ed Huntress

"The Watcher" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:59:12 -0500, "Ed Huntress"

wrote:

(snip)
When I see somebody at the range with a big clip hanging down from

some
little semiauto gun, my blood boils.

Really? How odd. It doesn't bother me one bit.

That doesn't surprise me at all, Robert.

Being upset by a magazine does seem strange to me, too.

Well, you guys do tend to run in packs. I hadn't noticed, until I saw
Robert, which newsgroups were involved here.

He's part of the problem -- that is,
both the image problem and a real problem, which is that violent kids,

and
nutballs, and murderers love 'dem big magazines.

I'm none of the above, and yet I understand the utility of
large capacity magazines.

Good for you.

Another problem with acceding to the demands of the gun grabbers is that

they
will want more. They keep saying "All we want is reasonable controls.",

but
every time you turn around their "reasonable" controls become MORE

controls.

True enough. What I'm talking about is the good sens of gun owners, not of
anti-gunners.

This is an
off-the-reservation thing to say, but I believe they should be

sacrificed
in
the name of sanity and social comity.

The 2nd Amendment isn't about deer hunting or social comity.

I've read the 2nd Amendment, Robert.

Then you should agree that it isn't about deer hunting or social comity?

I'm not a purist about anything,
except using natural hackle and dubbing on my dry flies, and I'm

willing
toss big magazines over the side in the name of good sense,

Big magazines ARE very sensible.

Only to very strange people, Robert.

Yeah, strange and logical people who want to accomplish the job of

self-defense.

Well, maybe you have a scenario like the one Larry was talking about to
suggest to us. I feel quite comfortable with the standard magazine in my .45
ACP, and a couple of loaded ones in my pocket. How many do you need to feel
comfortable? Which hoard is out to get YOU?

Ed Huntress