Old November 24th 04, 11:26 PM
Phillep

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote

Check the news, six people killed in Wisconsin by a kook with a 20
round magazine in an assault rifle clone.

What do you think it's a clone of? The Russians designed it right after
WWII, the idea was drawn from a German rifle, but that's about it.

Had the laws not been
changed to allow this idocy, maybe there wouldn't have been so many.

Has the law in fact been changed? Got a cite on that?

Old November 25th 04, 01:36 AM
John Scheldroup

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote in message m...
Cliff wrote in message . ..
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:00:23 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Werent you one of the guys who was bitching about the loss of
freedoms because of the Patriot Act?

So a few Uzi-bangers with hand grenades is the answer?
What bunker are you from? Is it dark in there?

Real men with guns shoot at unarmed women. typical
conservative action.

Yep.

Old November 25th 04, 02:16 AM
GTO69RA4

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote

Check the news, six people killed in Wisconsin by a kook with a 20
round magazine in an assault rifle clone.

What do you think it's a clone of? The Russians designed it right after
WWII, the idea was drawn from a German rifle, but that's about it.

Designed during WWII, actually. Duno about the German connection, although the
AK-47 was patterned after the STG-44.

The SKS has not been classed as an assault weapon by either the military
definition or any federal laws. I think California might have is listed as
such, but that's about it as far as I remember. It's not one of the guns with
features stripped down from a military version, like actual legal assault rifle
clones. Other than the extended magazine (not found in most SKS models and
outside of legislation since it's fixed to the gun, IIRC) it's an unremarkable
medium rifle. Very popular for deer since it's cheap, reliable, and
balistically similar to the old 30-30 round.

GTO(John)
Old November 25th 04, 03:26 AM
'Captain' Kirk DeHaan

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:51:29 -0500, Cliff wrote:

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:02:47 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Tell that to all the folks that died last year from being stabbed to
death with kitchen knives.

How may idiot wingers keep claiming that they make
you safer? From other idiots .....

Like you perhaps?

Kirk

"Moe, Larry, the cheese!", Curly

Old November 25th 04, 04:31 AM
Gunner

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:26:04 -0800, "Phillep"
wrote:

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote

Check the news, six people killed in Wisconsin by a kook with a 20
round magazine in an assault rifle clone.

What do you think it's a clone of? The Russians designed it right after
WWII, the idea was drawn from a German rifle, but that's about it.

Had the laws not been
changed to allow this idocy, maybe there wouldn't have been so many.

Has the law in fact been changed? Got a cite on that?

If it had a 20 round detachable Magazine, it wasnt an SKS.

Gunner

Come shed a tear for Michael Moore-
Though he smirked and lied like a two-bit whore
George Bush has just won another four.
Poor, sad little Michael Moore

Diogenes
Old November 25th 04, 04:43 AM
Phillep

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote

For the "any gun should be legal" kooks, I don't have a copy of my
1956 hunting regs.

It's 2004, not 1956.

It's not addressed in the pdf I found:
http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/regs/Deer04Regs1-35.pdf

so it may be legal now.

He was not cited for a firearms violation by the
officers that arrested him.

Kind of like citing a mass murderer for parking on the sidewalk, IMO.

I don't think you'll find much opposition in this state to ban those
weapons and extended magazines from the woods, a much needed measure.

Why? Weren't you talking about how common it was to see men riding bicycles,
wearing militia uniforms and carrying firearms? Think a uniform is going to
keep someone from going nuts and shooting up the place?

BTW, I quit the NRA because they are too soft on gun laws. JPFO is a much
better outfit.

Old November 25th 04, 05:06 AM
GTO69RA4

If it had a 20 round detachable Magazine, it wasnt an SKS.

Gunner

Probably was a fixed mag, from what I've heard at least. I do know that some
SKSs years ago were imported with AK-style mag wells.

GTO(John)
Old November 25th 04, 05:30 AM
Phillep

"Gunner" wrote

If it had a 20 round detachable Magazine, it wasnt an SKS.

Not so. There was also a modified SKS availible back around 1990 that would
take standard AK mags. I wish I'd gotten one back then.

Also, there's a type of magazine I think of as a "duckbill", it looks sort
of like a normal magazine with a "beak" stuck out the front. The mouth of
the beak fits on the catch pin in front and the latch holds it in place in
back. They were made in 5, 10, and 20 cartridge models. Easily removed, but
I don't think it's counted as a "removable" because you have to hold the
bolt back. (I haven't messed with an SKS for a while, so don't really
remember.) The SKS is not modified. These magazines were availible in both
metal and Zytel. The plastic ones sucked (I got one.)

Google rec.guns, SKS +"AK magazine" 27 hits.

If Guns Were Outlawed, Only Bad Dogs Would Have Guns Joe Metalworking 0 September 9th 04 07:50 PM
HVLP spray guns Siggy Metalworking 7 September 2nd 04 03:42 PM
Nice write up about LEDs Gunner Metalworking 242 June 13th 04 04:10 PM
ot- Gun Laws in Australia Gunner Metalworking 10 April 28th 04 10:46 AM