The Watcher

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:59:12 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

(snip)
When I see somebody at the range with a big clip hanging down from some
little semiauto gun, my blood boils.

Really? How odd. It doesn't bother me one bit.

That doesn't surprise me at all, Robert.

Being upset by a magazine does seem strange to me, too.

He's part of the problem -- that is,
both the image problem and a real problem, which is that violent kids,

and
nutballs, and murderers love 'dem big magazines.

I'm none of the above, and yet I understand the utility of
large capacity magazines.

Good for you.

Another problem with acceding to the demands of the gun grabbers is that they
will want more. They keep saying "All we want is reasonable controls.", but
every time you turn around their "reasonable" controls become MORE controls.

This is an
off-the-reservation thing to say, but I believe they should be sacrificed

in
the name of sanity and social comity.

The 2nd Amendment isn't about deer hunting or social comity.

I've read the 2nd Amendment, Robert.

Then you should agree that it isn't about deer hunting or social comity?

I'm not a purist about anything,
except using natural hackle and dubbing on my dry flies, and I'm willing

toss big magazines over the side in the name of good sense,

Big magazines ARE very sensible.

Only to very strange people, Robert.

Yeah, strange and logical people who want to accomplish the job of self-defense.
(snip)
A dozen 75 mm howitzers loaded with cannister, ringing your property and
pointed outward, would be even better -- especially if you had them rigged
to motion detectors. Then you'd be free, and safe.

Right, but does that have anything to do with THIS subject or did you just feel
like tossing a red herring in here?

You'll notice that the military and
police, tasked with the same duty to defend, do not limit
themselves to 10 round magazines when 30 or 40 round
magazines are available.

Yeah, I've noticed that.

But what do they know about using guns, right?

I see no reason I should either.

I'm not surprised that you don't see. I've seen your arguments before.

Nice comeback. :/