PoP

Default Moving BT master socket, is this frowned upon?

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:03:42 +0000, Jason Arthurs
wrote:

My server currently runs in the loft and I have a somewhat threadbare
telephone extension lead trailing up the stairs and through the loft
hatch which supplies my ADSL connection.

I am curious!

I would have thought that running any sort of equipment in the loft is
asking for trouble. Reason being that the temperature up there can go
outside the specs of the equipment. It gets damned cold up there in
winter and sweating hot in the summer.

Am I just being unrealistic or could this be a real problem?

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If
you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk

I apologise for the additional effort, however the
level of unsolicited email I receive makes it
impossible to advertise my real email address!