Vic

"NSM" wrote in message
news:7wppd.207029$9b.179510@edtnps84...

"Vic" wrote in message
. ..
| Hi
| Would appreciate some advice on the above. The adapter was part of a
"Dual
| record deck" (CS455). Unfortunately the adapter cable was damaged and it
no
| longer works. Does anyone know what one I could use as a replacement for
the
| "Dual deck"?

Assuming you want to replace the adapter any universal one will do. Or if
you can find a 12 V adapter, as long as it supplies 20 mA or more it will
work. Just be sure the polarity is correct.

Hi N
Thanks for your reply. It was the "mA" that I was unsure of mainly and the
polarity. Argos do one he
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...go.x=8&go.y=11
which I assume would be ok.

I was asked earlier if it was DC out which isn't mentioned on the adapter
but according to the specs at this site:
http://www.compassnet.com/concept/tables/CS455.htm
it runs a DC motor so AC to DC adapter needed. Is that correct?

Many thanks again N
Vic