John DeBoo

I noted that the DW703, which was in the general price range $200 of
the others doesn't have a laser. Others that do being Ryobi 10" $149,
Ridgid 10" $177, Porter Cable 10" $199 and several Craftsman's $200 &
under, incl their newest dual laser 21254 with legs & support for long
pieces. Unknown if its adjustable but I'd sure hope so. The only DW I
noted w/ laser was a 121" and it ran a bit over $500. My use is light
duty hobby stuff. No professional work or day in & out usage. Window
trim, some bookcases etc. Guess I'll continue to look at features and
make selection within a month max.
John

Bob G. wrote:

If those 3 saws were in the local paper for sale I would not even
bother to pick up the phone to call on the Ridgid or Roybi..

I would on the DeWalt...

I have been doing serious woodworking for 40+ years and over time have
developed a bad attitude about some brands.. Sorry to say this but
Roybi is one ...Ridgid on the other hand has Not yet reached that
point but I have not been impressed by any of their machines except
maybe for their planer... Even saying that I still use a few
Craftsman machines I bought in the late 60"s

Just my biased opinion...offered without any data to back it up..

Bob Griffiths