Dugie

"David Combs" wrote in message ...
Just how difficult would it be to do our own installing
of refrig door-gaskets?

(refrig on top, freezer on bottom. Amana)

(and what is usual cost for paying someone to do it?)

Thanks,

David

Not difficult, I've done it. Checking a generic repair manual, like "The Reader's Digest Fix-it-Yourself Manual", or
other books at your local public library, will give great tips. A wild guess: I think a repairman would charge $70
and up for labor.

I removed the door from the 'fridge first, using the hinges. Then put the door on the floor. Be very careful
removing the old gaskets.

When installing the new gaskets, one tip is lay the door on a flat surface, like a table. It helps in keeping the
door flat while trying to position the gaskets..
Also, don't totally tighten any screws until you have a final and tight fit with the door in place on the 'fridge.
Adjust the door as necessary by twisting the door, then tighten. Good luck.

- Doug