Larry Jaques

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:43:39 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
calmly ranted:

"Cliff" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 01:03:19 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

nutballs, and murderers love 'dem big magazines.

How would that ever be a problem were they, per
statements, never used?

As I said, they create an image problem, and a real problem. The real
problem is that they make for dramatic stories that wind up totally
dissembling the facts about guns and crime...such as the story about the
deer hunter.

While he killed six people, six hundred were killed with handguns. And all
of the attention is being given to "assault weapons" while that is going on.

Someone has done a fine job of distracting attention from what's going on,
and you're playing right into it.

Whatever you do, don't look up the stats on the automobile death toll.

Silly Q: Should we outlaw buses due to their large "magazines", Ed?

Question 1: If you were inside your house and a mob came up to get
you, would you want a standard magazine or a high-capacity magazine in
your handgun or rifle to defend yourself? Be honest.

Question 2: Shouldn't we be working on the image problem instead of
outlawing perfectly harmless yet potentially lifesaving technology?

--
SAVE THE PARROTS! Eschew the use of poly!