Gary DeWitt

I have a 24 X 32 stand alone shop built table, which also doubles as
an extension for the TS. Contemplating moving to your situation, built
into the TS for space considerations. Currently, router table has dust
collection from the bottom, as well as from behind the fence (can be
used as either/or/both).
You might want to keep dust collection in mind, and noise too, if that
is a factor where you live. I plan to build an easily opened or
removed box around my TS mounted router with dust collection provision
on the bottom. I've found the behind the fence one works great for
edge profiling, but with slots and dadoes, the chips just pack the
groove unless there is vacuum under the router bit. This also makes
the router work harder and the bit dull sooner.
Also, I have the original Jessem router lift, been very happy with it,
can dial depth of cut in thousanths no problem. You might consider a
lift, or a model of router that has been designed with router table
use in mind, and a wrench that adjusts through a hole in your table.
Happy Turkey Day!