indago

041124 2218 - zyx321 posted:

Would Home Depot or Lowes have such wire? If not, where might I find it?
Thanks again.

wrote in message
Regular wire will melt or burn. Ranges used to use asbestos coated
wire. I imagine they found a replacement for the asbestos these days.
it MUST be a hi-temp wire.

Mark

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 01:15:11 GMT, "zyx321"
wrote:

The wires on two burners need to be replaced and I don't know what type of
wire to use. I have some regular insulated wire from something else I did
but I am concerned that the heat from the burners will melt this wire, am
right? The wire says on it: (Essex 10 AWG Type THHN or THWN or MTW E53446*
(UL) Gasoline and Oil resistant II 600 Volt VW-1.). What is the
temperature
limit on wire like this and would it be safe to use? Thanks in advance.

I got some of that wire at the local hardware store from their wire rack.
Usually the hardware personnel will know what you need for this.