Charlie Self

Barry responds:

On 25 Nov 2004 10:58:28 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

Nate Perkins posts:

A photo hint that MIGHT help reduce the flash pop: try putting a piece of
tissue (Kleenex style) over the flash when you shoot these close ups. It

won't
eliminate all that glare, but it will reduce some.

Thanks Charlie!

I've had that problem so often, I try to shoot outdoors whenever
possible. Getting built-ins into the driveway or back yard isn't
easy! G

Yeah, and an overcast day outdoors is even better. Keep the pry bar in the
picture for built-ins.

Or you might try this: put larger bulbs in your nearby lamps and work to direct
the light onto the built-ins. Use a tripod (failing that, take a sack of raw
rice on a chair for a support) with the timed shutter release. You can use some
foam board behind the lights to help direct the light (space blankets work
pretty well, too, as does crumpled and straightened aluminum foil). Remember to
set the color balance on your camera if it has a manual setting position.

Take the larger bulbs out of the lights when done! Most household lamps that
don't take 3 ways are limited to about 75 watts, so 150 and 200 watt bulbs are
not good for permanent set-up.

Charlie Self
"Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity
has made them good." H. L. Mencken