BigWallop

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
eddie wrote:
I would like to put a four feet fluorescent light above my front door I
was wondering if you can get exterior ones and where to get one.

Is it totally exposed to the elements?

Including insect infestation. Intrinsically safe units are meant for gas
tight operation, so these are the best units to get for their outdoor IP
ratings. Look for something with an IP rating of IP65. They are sold with
seal packs of washers and stuffing glands to keep everything out of the
fitting. Even if the cable entry is to be made through the back of the unit
to hide the cable, make sure you seal it from the elements and insect
infestations.