GTO69RA4

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote

Check the news, six people killed in Wisconsin by a kook with a 20
round magazine in an assault rifle clone.

What do you think it's a clone of? The Russians designed it right after
WWII, the idea was drawn from a German rifle, but that's about it.

Designed during WWII, actually. Duno about the German connection, although the
AK-47 was patterned after the STG-44.

The SKS has not been classed as an assault weapon by either the military
definition or any federal laws. I think California might have is listed as
such, but that's about it as far as I remember. It's not one of the guns with
features stripped down from a military version, like actual legal assault rifle
clones. Other than the extended magazine (not found in most SKS models and
outside of legislation since it's fixed to the gun, IIRC) it's an unremarkable
medium rifle. Very popular for deer since it's cheap, reliable, and
balistically similar to the old 30-30 round.

GTO(John)