Bill Kaszeta / Photovoltaic Resources

Be sure to also use the proper high temperature connectors on the wire.
There are nickle plated ring terminals for appliance use.

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:03:39 -0500, "RBM" wrote:

I can't tell you the proper wire type but THHN definitely won't do. There
are several types of high temp wire, I used to work on commercial electric
stoves and we generally used a nickel wire with a silicone and fiberglass
covering on it. you can probably call any appliance repair shop and get what
you need
"zyx321" wrote in message
The wires on two burners need to be replaced and I don't know what type of
wire to use. I have some regular insulated wire from something else I did
but I am concerned that the heat from the burners will melt this wire, am
I right? The wire says on it: (Essex 10 AWG Type THHN or THWN or MTW
E53446* (UL) Gasoline and Oil resistant II 600 Volt VW-1.). What is the
temperature limit on wire like this and would it be safe to use? Thanks in
advance.

Bill Kaszeta
Photovoltaic Resources Int'l
Tempe Arizona USA