RBM

I can't tell you the proper wire type but THHN definitely won't do. There
are several types of high temp wire, I used to work on commercial electric
stoves and we generally used a nickel wire with a silicone and fiberglass
covering on it. you can probably call any appliance repair shop and get what
you need
"zyx321" wrote in message
. ..
The wires on two burners need to be replaced and I don't know what type of
wire to use. I have some regular insulated wire from something else I did
but I am concerned that the heat from the burners will melt this wire, am
I right? The wire says on it: (Essex 10 AWG Type THHN or THWN or MTW
E53446* (UL) Gasoline and Oil resistant II 600 Volt VW-1.). What is the
temperature limit on wire like this and would it be safe to use? Thanks in
advance.