Lurch

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:28:13 +0000 (UTC), "Dave Jennings"
strung together this:

OK, so this is either a serious question, or a pi**take of a numptie
like myself! I'll rise to the bait, just in case.

Quite serious, I've seen them go in the wrong way which will fry them
pretty much instantly.

As I understand it, the unit can be wired either way - is that wrong?

Yes, one pair of wires is the 230V input and the other pair is the 12V
output. Get them the wrong way round and the magical blue smoke
escapes!

The instructions don't make any mention of this, i.e. which "end"
connects to the main feed and which end connects to the bulb unit.
Is this the case?

They should be clearly marked on the transformer itself, I haven't
come across one that isn't yet, and I know this because I have never
read a set of instructions fo a low voltage transformer so I must have
got the information off the unit itself!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd