John DeBoo

gw wrote:

"John" wrote in message
m...

Hi,All:
I am debating the following 3 model's,

Ryobi 12 In. Compound laser miter saw Model TS1551DXL ($199)

DeWalt 12 In. Compound Miter Saw Model DW705S ($299)

RIDGID 12 In. Compound Miter Saw Model MS1250LZ ($299)

would anyone please give me some suggestions? looks like the Ryobi got
the laser, it that very important?
Thanks in advance.
John

Just so you know, the Ridgid "is" a Ryobi, just in orange clothing and of
better quality than the weekend warrior Ryobi blue junk. That said, I have
the Ridgid 12" sliding compound miter - the MS1290, I think - and I'm happy
with the way it cuts. The laser is a joke, and the only good thing about the
dust collection is the 2 1/2" port.

Interesting timing, I too was looking at them today and was about to
post a similar question, although I'm looking at a 10" probably. HD had
a Ryobi TS1352DXL($149) next to the Ridgid MS1065LZ($177) and they are
not even similar except for both being miter saws. The Ridgid was
definately much more stout, and it has a 3yr warr as opposed to a 2yr
for the Ryobi. Also looked at the Porter Cable 3700L($199)1yr warr &
the DeWalt DW703 ($199)--- no laser on this model, 1yr warr. All are
10" saws. Ran by Sears and snooped at theirs too but forgot my handy
dandy mfgr chart to convert Sears numbers from.

Talk to me about the laser and the dust bag, what's not right with them?
Grandpa John