James

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

I was discussing this the other day with my parents, who are due for a
replacement boiler in the not too distant future.

They currently have a back boiler in the living room and because of
the house layout, it is literally in the centre of the house.

So, there are 590 points for property type and fuel
A new boiler would have to go into a different room - 350 points
An extended flue of 2m would be needed to do that - 200 points
A condensate pump would be needed - 100 points

1240 points total

Would it be impossible to position it in a bedroom, with the flue going
through the loft/roof near the gutters (and therefore no extended flue),
adjacent to the bathroom/downpipes - and hence no condensate pump. Of
course whether you would want it in a bedroom is another matter.

James

---