Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
PeteZahut wrote:
I'd simply replace it all - running in a separate earth wire won't
impress at sale time, or if a check is ever needed.

Sale time? Is that part of the things they check when people sell
houses? Do they open a few sockets and switches etc to check?

Plenty will have the wiring checked, yes. And I'd certainly test the earth
on a lighting circuit if I was doing the checking. Many people will have
sockets re-wired (to install more etc) - and even change the CU, but leave
the lighting wiring as it's usually the most difficult to replace.

--
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.