George

I'd bet on uncured vehicle, that's for sure. Week or more for full cure.

For repairs You'd have to do the entire, or see the edge. You might blend
it flat, but it'll show a shadow.

"Dan White" wrote in message
Maybe there is still some
volatiles in the oil poly? It has only been a couple of days since I
applied it.

I would consider coffee overnight or a hot coffee pot to be the most

extreme
treatment these counters are likely to see, and probably won't ever get

the
hot coffee pot. I was told that poly wasn't really impervious and that
converted varnish was the only real way to get a bulletproof finish. It

has
to be sprayed on and I don't want to go that far.

It also seems to me that it isn't so hard to fix a poly surface if the
damage is limited to the upper layers of poly. Why not sand it a little,
add another thin layer of poly, and then sand it to finish?