Andy Hall

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:25:09 -0000, "Mike" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
However, see the exceptions assessment:

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou.../page/odpm_bre
g_032807.hcsp

Exceptions are allowed for various situations.

Interesting reading. Can anybody tell me what a condensate pump is and how
it avoids rotting away in a few months ?

It's a plastic reservoir with a pump and float switch. These are
widely used in air conditioning systems for when it's necessary to get
condensate from the internal unit to an inconvenient exterior
location.

In the context of a condensing boiler it needs to be constructed from
parts able to resist the slightly acidic condensate. This implies
plastic or suitable metal (e.g. stainless steel) parts.

The boiler will deliver the condensate downwards into the reservoir,
then when nearly full the float switch activates the pump and empties
it over some distance and height if needed.

Also it mentions a condensate soakaway. The guy at the Environment Agency
told me these are not allowed where I live. This may apply to others but
isn't mentioned here.

That would imply joined up government.........

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl