Robert

Default Electric trip problem.

Check if you have any outside lights which are non plastic these are also
prone to operate a trip at intermittent times depending if it is raining.
"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...
Dave Plowman wrote in message

In article ,
Robert wrote:
I have a 30ma earth leakage trip that is tripping every time a
significant load (about 3KW) is applied to the "downstairs" ring main.
The immersion heater will always trip it, the dishwasher in heat mode
will usually trip it and I have seen daft things like the fridge trip
it. Note that if the dishwasher is plugged into a different circuit
but with all other appliances remaining 'as-is' the device won't trip.
This doesn't make any sense to me as the trip is seeing the same load
(and fault) regardless of which circuit is carrying the load.

Hi

Sounds like cumulative fault currents tripping it. First thing I'd do
is PAT test your appliances, especially the ones with water heating
elements in.

Regards, NT