The Question Asker

I am wondering if he has just cut the earth off (I am going back to check,
fingers crossed, if he has it may not be that hard to try and get the earth
out somehow). If not a few days work for me... Just told the heating guy to
leave the boards up upstairs make it a little easier.
"Lurch" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:42:45 -0000, "The Question Asker"
strung together this:

What are my options,

I would run a new twin and earth in. It used to be acceptable to add
an earth wire to the system but I got told by the NICEIC that I
shouldn't do that as there isn't a great deal of mechanical protection
on a 1.5mm earth wire and it could quite easily be damaged by e.g. a
plumber shoving a length of pipe under a floor.
You've got to get the floors up anyway so it's not going to take much
more effort to do it all properly.
I am surprised that it is new, twin cable is hard to come by. Are you
sure he's not just cut all of the earths off?
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd