Lurch

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:42:45 -0000, "The Question Asker"
strung together this:

What are my options,

I would run a new twin and earth in. It used to be acceptable to add
an earth wire to the system but I got told by the NICEIC that I
shouldn't do that as there isn't a great deal of mechanical protection
on a 1.5mm earth wire and it could quite easily be damaged by e.g. a
plumber shoving a length of pipe under a floor.
You've got to get the floors up anyway so it's not going to take much
more effort to do it all properly.
I am surprised that it is new, twin cable is hard to come by. Are you
sure he's not just cut all of the earths off?
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd