logized

"Dave Jennings" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help.

Following an earlier thread on here, I found out I needed to replace
the transformers on my halogen ceiling lights.

I got these ( same ones as original make ) and attached the wires on
the first one - red to brown, blue to black at the first connector from
the "main" cable. I then connected the other two ends which I
understand are effectively neither live or neutral. I did this on only
one of the non-working lights to check this fixed the problem

Which, of course, it didn't. It made it worse, in that not only did the
sole remaining light now not work but there was a short BUZZ coming
from *either* the transfromer itself or perhaps the light switch, it's
hard to tell.

I swapped the new transformer out for the old one, and the sole
remaining light worked again.

Any ideas what either I've done wrong, or if there might be some other
problem I need to consider? I guess that since I swapped the old
transformer back and the system works, it's not as simple as me having
wired it up incorrectly.

Many thanks in advance.

Is the new transformer the exact same model or just the same make as the old
one?
If not, then it may be the wrong specification or as you say the buzzing may
be from the light switch - does the switch have a light dimmer? as they
usually only work with electronic transformers and maybe your new one isn't?

Dave