The Question Asker

Default 2 Core to 3 Core Lighting circuit

Right time for a bodgit mention... As some of you know and have been helping
im currently renovating a property (Headache after headache...) Came to the
lighting circuit which stupid me I only checked the sockets which all seemed
fine 3 core earthed, and the consumer unit was new with fairly recent
wiring. Ok now time for the bodgit mention, the guy before me was doing most
of the work on the property himself and when he rewired the lighting circuit
he seems to have used 2 core grey sheathed wiring!!! I have checked and it
is new (Something I should have done a while back.
Ok so the issue is I am due to have stainless steel faceplates and was
reading on the net that they have to be Earthed, ok far enough don't want to
kill anyone when they turn the lights on/off. What are my options,

1)Obviously one is to run a 1.0mm/1.5mm earth cable from each switch (To
each light ??) then back to the consumer box via obviously each switch under
each circuit, so ground floor and 1st floor. If I was to do this would I
need to run the earth back to the CU or not?

2)The other is to run new 3 core cable around the whole property lighting
circuit.

Ok, obviously running a new 3 core cable is best and not so bodgit but is it
ok to just run a earth cable. I competent with electrics setting up a ring
main and lighting circuit in another property, but was just wondering how I
would go about feeding the cable to each switch.
If I was to get someone in how much would we be looking, the house is a 60's
3 bed fairly small with CU under the stairs going up under the floorboards
upstairs.

Thanks for any comments/advice
Olly